To stimulate and support investigator-initiated research and build a field of researchers focused on preventing obesity among Latino children.
- $74,798.00 awarded to University of Houston - Houston Park - Testing the long-term impact of a healthy lifestyle summer program
- $75,000.00 awarded to General Hospital Corporation-Massachusetts General Hospital - Assessing the impact of a childhood lifestyle intervention on obesity-related factors
- $75,000.00 awarded to Stanford University School of Education - Linking after school program participation with Latino youth's obesity and physical fitness outcomes
- $74,669.00 awarded to University of Massachusetts Boston - Improving food purchasing selection among low-income Spanish-speaking Latinos through social marketing messages
- $75,000.00 awarded to Latino Commission on AIDS - Assessing the role of mother-child communication patterns about children's nutrition, food preferences and consumption behavior, and physical activity