To stimulate and support investigator-initiated research and build a field of researchers focused on preventing obesity among Latino children.
- $75,000.00 awarded to Latino Commission on AIDS - Assessing the role of mother-child communication patterns about children's nutrition, food preferences and consumption behavior, and physical activity
- $75,000.00 awarded to University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston - Studying Mexican-American generational perceptions of healthy body types and the association between body type and physical activity in the children
- $75,000.00 awarded to Research Foundation for State University of New York - Assessing parental knowledge, attitudes and behavior related to children's food consumption and preferences
- $74,989.00 awarded to Public Health Institute - Evaluating food literacy education initiatives that aim to help families provide nutritious food on a limited budget
- $74,399.00 awarded to University of Maryland, Baltimore County - Examining the impact of individual, family and school factors on young Latino children's weight changes