To strengthen the leadership and academic productivity of junior medical school faculty who are dedicated to improving health and health care.
- $299,939.00 awarded to Boston University School of Medicine - Studying maternal depression in the Healthy Families' Home Visitation Program - Michael Silverstein, M.D., M.P.H.
- $298,356.00 awarded to Medical College of Wisconsin Inc. - Iron deficiency and prolonged bottle-feeding: risk factors and racial/ethnic disparities - Jane M. Brotanek, M.D., M.P.H.
- $291,933.00 awarded to University of Chicago, The Pritzker School of Medicine - Development and evaluation of interventions to safely reduce patients' out-of-pocket prescription costs - G. Caleb Alexander, M.D.
- $300,000.00 awarded to Arkansas Children's Hospital Research Institute - Studying the impact of environmental factors on asthma in the Delta Region of Arkansas - Tamara T. Perry, M.D.
- $300,000.00 awarded to University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine - Prevention of adolescent smoking through school-based media literacy - Brian A. Primack, M.D.