To strengthen the leadership and academic productivity of junior medical school faculty who are dedicated to improving health and health care.
- $300,000.00 awarded to Indiana University School of Medicine - Studying community involvement as a model to implement primary care diabetes prevention - Ronald T. Ackerman, M.D., M.P.H.
- $298,356.00 awarded to Medical College of Wisconsin Inc. - Iron deficiency and prolonged bottle-feeding: risk factors and racial/ethnic disparities - Jane M. Brotanek, M.D., M.P.H.
- $291,933.00 awarded to University of Chicago, The Pritzker School of Medicine - Development and evaluation of interventions to safely reduce patients' out-of-pocket prescription costs - G. Caleb Alexander, M.D.
- $300,000.00 awarded to University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine - Prevention of adolescent smoking through school-based media literacy - Brian A. Primack, M.D.
- $300,000.00 awarded to University of Michigan Medical School - Enhancing adherence to an Internet-mediated walking program by building e-communities - Caroline R. Richardson, M.D.