To increase the stature and academic standing of nurse faculty and draw more nurses to teaching careers by creating a cadre of national leaders in academic nursing through career-development awards to outstanding junior nurse faculty.
- $783,634.00 awarded to Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing - Technical assistance and direction for the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Nurse Faculty Scholars program, 2009
- $350,000.00 awarded to Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing - Building support for older rural African Americans with cancer - Jennifer A. Wenzel, Ph.D., R.N., C.C.M.
- $350,000.00 awarded to University of Colorado College of Nursing - Testing a behavioral education and counseling program promoting diabetes and chronic kidney disease self-management - Teresa J. Sakraida, Ph.D., R.N.
- $349,802.00 awarded to University of Virginia School of Nursing - Testing a computerized safety planning aid for survivors of intimate partner violence - Kathryn Laughon, Ph.D., M.S.N.
- $349,912.00 awarded to University of Cincinnati College of Nursing - Studying the effect of religiosity on risky behaviors in Christian, Jewish and Muslim young adults in college transition - Devon M. Berry, R.N., Ph.D.