To increase the stature and academic standing of nurse faculty and draw more nurses to teaching careers by creating a cadre of national leaders in academic nursing through career-development awards to outstanding junior nurse faculty.
- $350,000.00 awarded to University of Virginia School of Nursing - Testing a decision aid for patients with advanced prostate cancer and a "transitional proxy" concept - Randy Allen Jones, Ph.D., R.N.
- $350,000.00 awarded to Medical College of Georgia School of Nursing - Examining the uptake of the HPV vaccine in rural areas - Tami Lynn Thomas, Ph.D.
- $327,742.00 awarded to University of South Florida College of Nursing - Decreasing the incidence of viral sexually transmitted infections among a diverse group of young adults - Versie Johnson-Mallard, Ph.D., M.S.N.
- $349,966.00 awarded to Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), Institute of Health Professions - Preventing postpartum depression and associated mother-infant relationship dysfunction - Janice H. Goodman, Ph.D.
- $349,997.00 awarded to University of Maryland, Baltimore School of Nursing - Testing the feasibility and impact of function-focused care for cognitively impaired residents in assisted living - Elizabeth M. Galik, Ph.D.