To increase the stature and academic standing of nurse faculty and draw more nurses to teaching careers by creating a cadre of national leaders in academic nursing through career-development awards to outstanding junior nurse faculty.
- $350,000.00 awarded to University of Michigan School of Nursing - Developing communication and decision-support intervention for women with BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutation and at-risk relatives -- Maria C. Katapodi, Ph.D.
- $350,000.00 awarded to University of Iowa College of Nursing - Implementation of diabetes self-management support in community primary care -- Andrea S. Wallace, Ph.D.
- $350,000.00 awarded to University of California, Los Angeles, Office of Contract and Grant Administration - Preventing pregnancy and HIV in at-risk teens - Angela Hudson, Ph.D.
- $350,000.00 awarded to University of Michigan School of Nursing - Exploring the impact of parental expectations on risky behaviors in adolescents--Tsui-Sui Annie Kao, Ph.D., F.N.P.-B.C.
- $349,983.00 awarded to University of Utah College of Nursing - Developing an intervention to avoid the negative consequences of interrupting nurses during high-stakes tasks--Alexa K. Doig, Ph.D., R.N.