To increase the stature and academic standing of nurse faculty and draw more nurses to teaching careers by creating a cadre of national leaders in academic nursing through career-development awards to outstanding junior nurse faculty.
- $161,043.00 awarded to George Washington University School of Nursing - Transfer grant: A naturalistic investigation of brain neuroplasticity in children born preterm -- Ashley E. Darcy Mahoney, RN, PhD, NNP-BC
- $54,847.00 awarded to University of California, Irvine - Transfer: Biobehavioral study of teen-dating violence -- Candace W. Burton, PhD, RN, FNE
- $753,950.00 awarded to Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing - Technical assistance and direction for the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Nurse Faculty Scholars program, 2010
- $350,000.00 awarded to University of Virginia School of Nursing - Testing a decision aid for patients with advanced prostate cancer and a "transitional proxy" concept - Randy Allen Jones, Ph.D., R.N.
- $350,000.00 awarded to Medical College of Georgia School of Nursing - Examining the uptake of the HPV vaccine in rural areas - Tami Lynn Thomas, Ph.D.