To increase the stature and academic standing of nurse faculty and draw more nurses to teaching careers by creating a cadre of national leaders in academic nursing through career-development awards to outstanding junior nurse faculty.
- $350,000.00 awarded to Medical College of Georgia School of Nursing - Examining the uptake of the HPV vaccine in rural areas - Tami Lynn Thomas, Ph.D.
- $349,916.00 awarded to University of Rochester - Developing a multidimensional pain detection device for neonates - Martin Schiavenato, Ph.D., R.N.
- $196,071.00 awarded to Constella Group, LLC - Administrative support services for RWJF's Nurse Faculty Scholars program
- $349,912.00 awarded to University of Cincinnati College of Nursing - Studying the effect of religiosity on risky behaviors in Christian, Jewish and Muslim young adults in college transition - Devon M. Berry, R.N., Ph.D.
- $349,802.00 awarded to University of Virginia School of Nursing - Testing a computerized safety planning aid for survivors of intimate partner violence - Kathryn Laughon, Ph.D., M.S.N.