To explore the social and economic factors that affect health (e.g., poverty, education, housing) to lead to changes in national, state, and local policies, and promote private-sector initiatives that will reduce health inequities among Americans.
George Washington University School of Public Health & Health Services Center for Health & Health Care in Schools
Suite 200, Room 213
2175 K Street, N.W.
David R. Williams
- $85,370.00 awarded to University of California, San Francisco - Expanding a series of issue briefs on links between social factors and health
- $250,000.00 awarded to Adler School of Professional Psychology - Conducting a health impact assessment to address mental health issues in Chicago's Englewood community
- $326,771.00 awarded to Virginia Commonwealth University - Developing an online simulation tool that will facilitate modifying social determinants to improve health outcomes
- $25,000.00 awarded to Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies Inc. - Supporting the Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies' conference on the impact of communities on the health of vulnerable children
- $20,000.00 awarded to Virginia Commonwealth University - Calculating the economic benefits of averting diabetes