To explore (1) new collaborative models of patients, researchers, practitioners, and funders, and (2) the platforms and tools being created for shared data and open science, and to demonstrate the value of the models, platforms, and tools in accelerating medical discovery.
Internally managed by RWJF staff
- $500,000.00 awarded to Genetic Alliance, Inc. - Creating a 'white label' version of the Platform for Engaging Everyone Responsibly to allow sharing of health information on a person's own terms
- $500,000.00 awarded to Partnership for Cures dba Cures Within Reach - Launching an open-access online platform to support treatment for underserved patients through repurposing drugs, devices, and nutriceuticals
- $507,800.00 awarded to PersonalGenomes.org - Building a portal to improve researcher utility in assessing the Harvard Personal Genome Project
- $1,904,500.00 awarded to Sage Bionetworks - Developing a Web-based open-source platform to leverage patient and citizen involvement to provide biomedical research with insights and energy
- $199,470.00 awarded to Massachusetts Institute of Technology School of Engineering - Developing a 'science of collaboration' to sustain biomedical and health care innovation