To build the evidence for public health law and policy, and translate research findings into practical tools that policy-makers, public health practitioners, and leaders in other fields and venues can use to increase the support for and use of law to improve and protect health.
- $227,272.00 awarded to Systems Research and Applications Corporation (SRA) - Administrative support services for RWJF's Public Health Law Research program
- $149,780.00 awarded to Columbia University - Examining the impact on public health of challenges to drug makers' patents prior to expiration
- $450,000.00 awarded to State of Minnesota Department of Health - Examining the impact of infectious-disease-reporting laws on public health's ability to prevent, control and treat emerging health threats
- $149,998.00 awarded to University of Kentucky College of Public Health - Investigating the impact of the legal infrastructure of local public health systems on population health outcomes
- $443,547.00 awarded to University of Illinois at Chicago - Examining the impact of the legal structure and governance of local boards of health on population-health outcomes