Public Health Law Field-Building
To (1) support public health practitioners, public health attorneys, and policymakers in using law to promote, protect, and improve health, and (2) provide them with technical assistance, training, legal analyses, and publications delivered through a national network of public health law centers and key stakeholder groups.
- $1,319,518.00 awarded to University of Maryland, Baltimore Francis King Carey School of Law - Establishing a regional center for public health law for the Mid-Atlantic United States
- $549,562.00 awarded to American Public Health Association Inc. (APHA) - Creating the Public Health Associations Legal Consortium to help promote the use of law in public health
- $724,886.00 awarded to Rockville Institute - Evaluating RWJF's Public Health Law Research and Public Health Law Network programs
- $300,000.00 awarded to National Congress of American Indians (NCAI) - Building long-term infrastructure to address public health challenges facing American Indian communities
- $149,576.00 awarded to National Association of Attorneys General - Providing state attorneys general with fellowships in public health law and involving the greater attorney-general community in field activities