To encourage researchers whose crosscutting and innovative ideas promise to contribute meaningfully to improving U.S. health and health care policy.
- $249,996.00 awarded to Harvard Medical School - Including mental health and substance abuse services in health reform
- $249,972.00 awarded to Indiana University School of Public and Environmental Affairs - Assessing the quest for accountable health care in the United States with a focus on managed care organizations
- $242,587.00 awarded to University of Michigan Institute for Social Research - Studying the patterns and dynamics of economic inequality and health
- $81,528.00 awarded to Northwestern University - Examining the state-of-the-art of the medical-quality management movement
- $249,916.00 awarded to Brown University Warren Alpert Medical School - Morality, politics and the construction of health policy