To encourage researchers whose crosscutting and innovative ideas promise to contribute meaningfully to improving U.S. health and health care policy.
- $231,759.00 awarded to Association for Health Services Research, Inc. - Dissemination of RWJF's Investigator Awards in Health Policy Research program projects
- $157,956.00 awarded to University of Southern California - Study of whether fundamental causes explain social inequalities in health status
- $200,000.00 awarded to University of Michigan - Role of the courts in shaping U.S. health care policy
- $216,640.00 awarded to Brown University Warren Alpert Medical School - Research on the integration of long-term care integration into mainstream health care
- $248,918.00 awarded to Georgetown University Law Center - Research on legal issues arising from the new medical care marketplace