To encourage researchers whose crosscutting and innovative ideas promise to contribute meaningfully to improving U.S. health and health care policy.
- $249,939.00 awarded to University of Minnesota - Research to transform long-term care toward consumer goals
- $218,251.00 awarded to Montefiore Medical Center - Research on the impact of growing income and wealth inequality on health in the U.S.
- $275,000.00 awarded to City University of New York, Baruch College - Examining the disjunctures and discrepancies in prenatal and newborn genetic screening
- $224,343.00 awarded to Pennsylvania State University Social Science Research Institute - Study on the impact of recent disasters on the health and health care of poor and underserved populations in major cities
- $283,570.00 awarded to University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Gillings School of Global Public Health - Examining the use of racial and ethnic identity in medical evaluations