To support interdisciplinary studies that address critical knowledge gaps regarding causal linkages between nursing and health care quality and to synthesize, translate, and disseminate major findings to key stakeholders.
- $300,000.00 awarded to Brigham and Women's Hospital - Translating fall risk status into interventions to prevent patient falls
- $300,000.00 awarded to University of Rochester School of Nursing - Understanding the use of supplemental registered nurses by hospitals and its impact on the quality of care and cost
- $300,000.00 awarded to University of Maryland, Baltimore - Evaluating the effect of a rural hospital collaborative on heart failure patient care
- $299,685.00 awarded to University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing - Studying the effects of nursing staff levels and practice environments on low-birthweight mortality, morbidity, failure to rescue and length of stay
- $300,000.00 awarded to University of California, San Francisco - Examining the link between nursing inputs and patient care quality