To highlight substance abuse as a leading health problem by recognizing those who are striving to bring creative solutions to the field.
- $334,734.00 awarded to Foundation of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey - Technical assistance and direction for Innovators Combating Substance Abuse
- $299,808.00 awarded to Health Research Incorporated - Assessing trends in the prevalence of hard-core smoking and determining the use of harm reduction strategies
- $299,926.00 awarded to University of Minnesota School of Public Health - Study of the roles of law and policy on prevention efforts focused on alcohol, tobacco, and firearms and their potential transferability
- $299,506.00 awarded to Boston University School of Public Health - Peer-based intervention to promote behavior change among youth in emergency departments who test positive for risky drinking
- $300,000.00 awarded to American Nonsmokers' Rights Foundation - Database and Web site on tobacco industry activities for use by health advocates, reporters, policy-makers and the public health community