To highlight substance abuse as a leading health problem by recognizing those who are striving to bring creative solutions to the field.
- $294,469.00 awarded to Foundation of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey - Technical assistance and direction for RWJF's Innovators Combating Substance Abuse program
- $339,150.00 awarded to Foundation of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey - Communications activities for the Innovators Combating Substance Abuse and the Developing Leadership in Reducing Substance Abuse programs
- $300,000.00 awarded to University of California, San Francisco - Study of tobacco product placement in entertainment media and tobacco industry involvement in political activity
- $299,808.00 awarded to Health Research Incorporated - Assessing trends in the prevalence of hard-core smoking and determining the use of harm reduction strategies
- $300,000.00 awarded to University of Washington College of Arts and Sciences - Expanded research on substance abuse prevention and treatment among Native American youth and evaluation of mindfulness meditation in treatment