To highlight substance abuse as a leading health problem by recognizing those who are striving to bring creative solutions to the field.
- $113,000.00 awarded to M Booth & Associates, Inc. - Communications activities for RWJF's Innovators Combating Substance Abuse program
- $300,000.00 awarded to Berkshire Farm Center and Services for Youth - Using art to increase self-esteem and problem solving skills in adolescent substance abusers
- $300,000.00 awarded to University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Medicine and Public Health - Translating tobacco dependence research into practice and policy
- $300,000.00 awarded to University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center School of Medicine - Research on innovative ways to treat substance abuse
- $300,000.00 awarded to University of Maryland, Baltimore County - Studying the Transtheoretical Model of Change to evaluate treatment outcomes