To highlight substance abuse as a leading health problem by recognizing those who are striving to bring creative solutions to the field.
- $645,065.00 awarded to Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine - Helping RWJF Innovators in Combating Substance Abuse award recipients increase their skills, reach and visibility
- $113,000.00 awarded to M Booth & Associates, Inc. - Communications activities for RWJF's Innovators Combating Substance Abuse program
- $300,000.00 awarded to Legal Action Center of the City of New York Inc. - Improving the public policy effectiveness of substance abuse treatment and prevention groups
- $300,000.00 awarded to University of Rhode Island Cancer Prevention Research Center - Improving prevention and treatment programs for alcohol and tobacco use
- $299,997.00 awarded to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Inc. - Investigating health care policies on alcohol screening in trauma settings