To catalyze and support policy and environmental change projects to promote children's physical activity and healthy eating, especially in lower-income and racial/ethnic communities at greatest risk.
- $1,130,337.00 awarded to University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Gillings School of Global Public Health - Technical assistance and direction for RWJF's Healthy Kids, Healthy Communities program
- $400,000.00 awarded to King County Housing Authority - Improving policies and systems that support healthy eating and active living in the Seattle/King County area
- $400,000.00 awarded to East Bay Asian Youth Center (EBAYC) - Transforming elementary schools into neighborhood hubs where children and families regularly acquire fresh food and engage in physical activity
- $400,000.00 awarded to California State University, Fresno Foundation - Developing community leaders to lead advocacy and change initiatives affecting access to healthy foods and opportunities for physical activity
- $400,000.00 awarded to California Center for Public Health Advocacy - Implementing People on the Move 2009 in Baldwin Park, Calif.