To support and disseminate investigator-initiated and commissioned research to identify effective policy and environmental strategies to ensure that children in the United States are at a healthy weight by 2025, especially in populations and communities at greatest risk.
- $200,000.00 awarded to Farmers' Legal Action Group, Inc. - Assessing how agricultural policy can be changed to help farmers succeed in producing and distributing healthy food to children and their communities
- $84,979.00 awarded to Center for Science in the Public Interest - Analyzing food and entertainment companies' policies on food marketing to children
- $90,919.00 awarded to Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Inc. - Reviewing current state child care regulations related to healthy eating and developing model healthy eating regulations
- $149,810.00 awarded to University of Kansas Medical Center Research Institute Inc. - Examining the financial impact of a la carte foods in Kansas public schools
- $99,868.00 awarded to New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene - Analyzing the impact of the New York City calorie labeling regulation