To support and disseminate investigator-initiated and commissioned research to identify effective policy and environmental strategies to ensure that children in the United States are at a healthy weight by 2025, especially in populations and communities at greatest risk.
- $152,913.00 awarded to University of Minnesota School of Public Health - Technical assistance and direction for RWJF's Healthy Eating Research program
- $100,000.00 awarded to University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention - Studying the economic impact and the role of key stakeholders in school nutrition standard policy implementation
- $189,000.00 awarded to Atlanta Board of Education - Evaluating school food policy implementation within the Atlanta school system
- $74,954.00 awarded to Yale University Graduate School of Arts and Sciences - Studying the impact of school wellness policies on the school nutrition environment and student academic functioning and health
- $75,000.00 awarded to California Food Policy Advocates Inc. - Examining the role of California's Child Nutrition Commodity Food Program in creating healthy school meals