To provide four-year awards for postdoctoral research to clinician-scientists from historically underrepresented groups who are committed to developing careers in academia, improving the health of underserved populations, furthering scientific understanding, and eliminating health disparities.
- $420,000.00 awarded to Washington University in St. Louis - Thalamic activation in hypoglycemia-associated autonomic failure: Ana Maria Arbelaez, M.D.
- $420,000.00 awarded to Columbia University Medical Center - Reproductive-system development and sexual differentiation: The roles of Tbx2 and Tbx3: Nataki Celeste Douglas, M.D., Ph.D.
- $420,000.00 awarded to University of California, Davis - Large cells, small cells; single-cell phenotyping of fetal-gene program in hypertrophied cardiac myocytes: Javier Enrique Lopez, M.D.
- $419,954.00 awarded to University of Iowa College of Dentistry - Genome-wide studies for nonsyndromic clefts in Sub-Saharan African populations -- Azeez Butali, DDS, PhD
- $420,000.00 awarded to Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine - Identifying candidates for expedited discharge among patients evaluated for suspected acute coronary syndrome -- Frederick Kofi Korley, MD, PhD