Data Across Sectors for Health
As part of its multi-sector data and information systems focus, RWJF launched the initiative Data Across Sectors for Health (DASH). DASH will identify barriers, opportunities, promising practices and indicators of progress for multi-sector collaborations to connect information systems and share data for community health improvement. The DASH National Coordinating Office will execute activities that support those collaborations and the field. The DASH NCO is led by the Illinois Public Health Institute, in partnership with the Michigan Public Health Institute. DASH's immediate focus is to develop a deeper understanding of the field. This "environmental scan" will identify existing and emerging multi-sector collaborations, and develop indicators of progress for the field through a literature review, key informant interviews and a survey. If you would like more information about the environmental scan or other DASH activities, please contact email@example.com.
- $154,787.00 awarded to UPMC Center for Health Security, Inc. - Analyzing the impact of the Affordable Care Act on surveillance of critical diseases and examining ways to enhance detection and control activities
- $200,000.00 awarded to New York Academy of Medicine - Examining multisectoral determinants of child health in Los Angeles and Philadelphia to define strategies to reduce infant mortality
- $200,000.00 awarded to City of Baltimore Department of Health - Launching a cooperative project in Baltimore to reduce the rate of falls among elderly residents that require hospitalization or emergency care
- $197,192.00 awarded to White Earth Band, a component of the Minnesota Chippewa Tribe - Collecting and sharing information across the White Nation Reservation, Minn., to ensure long-term well-being of children, families, and communities
- $200,000.00 awarded to Allegheny County Health Department - Supporting activities of the Allegheny County Data Sharing Alliance for Health in improving cardiovascular health in the Pennsylvania county