Data Across Sectors for Health
As part of its multi-sector data and information systems focus, RWJF launched the initiative Data Across Sectors for Health (DASH). DASH will identify barriers, opportunities, promising practices and indicators of progress for multi-sector collaborations to connect information systems and share data for community health improvement. The DASH National Coordinating Office will execute activities that support those collaborations and the field. The DASH NCO is led by the Illinois Public Health Institute, in partnership with the Michigan Public Health Institute. DASH's immediate focus is to develop a deeper understanding of the field. This "environmental scan" will identify existing and emerging multi-sector collaborations, and develop indicators of progress for the field through a literature review, key informant interviews and a survey. If you would like more information about the environmental scan or other DASH activities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- $198,310.00 awarded to Stewards of Change Inc. - Supporting the 10th annual Stewards of Change Institute National Symposium
- $154,787.00 awarded to UPMC Center for Health Security, Inc. - Analyzing the impact of the Affordable Care Act on surveillance of critical diseases and examining ways to enhance detection and control activities
- $200,000.00 awarded to New York Academy of Medicine - Examining multisectoral determinants of child health in Los Angeles and Philadelphia to define strategies to reduce infant mortality
- $969,966.00 awarded to Illinois Public Health Institute - Providing technical assistance and direction for the RWJF Data and Information Systems for Bridging Health and Health Care initiative
- $200,000.00 awarded to Public Health Institute of Metropolitan Chicago - Collecting and sharing information across sectors in Chicago and Illinois to identify children at risk for lead poisoning