Cost Containment Initiative
To support a multipronged initiative aimed at identifying strategies, programs, and policy recommendations intended to reduce the growth of health care spending.
Internally managed by RWJF staff
- $500,000.00 awarded to Bipartisan Policy Center, Inc. - Supporting the Bipartisan Policy Center's Health-Debt Joint Project to contain health care costs
- $400,000.00 awarded to Altarum Institute - Creating an analytical structure to demonstrate the value of investments in primary prevention to health outcomes and health care costs
- $100,000.00 awarded to Altarum Institute - Creating a framework for assessing the value of prevention and its impact on health and health care costs
- $166,250.00 awarded to GYMR LLC - Engaging physicians for recommendations to reduce the growth in health care spending
- $192,000.00 awarded to Cornell University College of Human Ecology - Examining the impact of the consolidation of provider practices on the price of physician services