Cost Containment Initiative
To support a multipronged initiative aimed at identifying strategies, programs, and policy recommendations intended to reduce the growth of health care spending.
Internally managed by RWJF staff
- $40,000.00 awarded to Miller Center Foundation - Supporting the State Health Care Cost Containment Commission in producing its report on state strategies to contain health care costs
- $233,150.00 awarded to Consumer Reports, Inc. - Supporting a conference to inform and engage consumer advocates on the problem of rising health care costs
- $148,254.00 awarded to Cornell University, Joan and Sanford I. Weill Medical College - Examining processes implemented to reduce administrative costs of interactions between health care providers and insurance plans
- $500,000.00 awarded to Bipartisan Policy Center, Inc. - Supporting the Bipartisan Policy Center's Health-Debt Joint Project to contain health care costs
- $100,000.00 awarded to Altarum Institute - Creating a framework for assessing the value of prevention and its impact on health and health care costs