Community-Based Childhood Obesity Prevention Within the Injury Free Coalition for Kids Initiative Sites
Building on the Injury Free Coalition for Kids initiative, selected sites will add healthy eating environments and programs into their ongoing focus on physical activity and developing safe play areas.
- $60,000.00 awarded to Oregon Health & Science University School of Medicine - Promoting healthy eating, safe physical activity and integration of a school garden education program
- $60,000.00 awarded to Connecticut Children's Medical Center - Kid Healthy Program: Increasing daily exercise and the consumption of healthy food
- $60,000.00 awarded to University of Washington School of Medicine - Eating healthy and increasing physical activity through walk to school and family breakfast programs
- $60,000.00 awarded to Columbia University Medical Center - Healthy Schools Healthy Lifestyles: Improving nutrition and reducing obesity for northern Manhattan elementary school students
- $56,232.00 awarded to Children's Hospital Medical Center - Testing the use of high school student peer counselors to teach diabetes and obesity awareness to elementary school students