Communities Creating Healthy Environments: Improving Access to Healthy Foods and Safe Places to Play in Communities of Color
To build state and national momentum to reverse the epidemic of childhood obesity through strategic investment in those communities most affected.
- $250,000.00 awarded to American Civil Liberties Union of Mississippi Foundation (ACLU) - Leveraging community organizing and civic engagement to increase access to healthy foods and safe places to play in Jackson, Miss.
- $250,000.00 awarded to Chinese Progressive Association - Supporting a Chinese Progressive Association land-use plan to increase healthy food choices and recreational space in San Francisco
- $249,848.00 awarded to Council of Athabascan Tribal Governments - Advocating access to healthy foods and recreational opportunities for the Athabascan tribes of interior Alaska's Yukon Flats
- $250,000.00 awarded to Southwest Youth Collaborative - Advocating recreational opportunities and healthy foods for incarcerated youths of color in Cook County, Ill.
- $250,000.00 awarded to Committee Against Anti-Asian Violence - Advocating access to health services, recreational opportunities and healthy foods for New York City's Asian immigrant communities