Communities Creating Healthy Environments: Improving Access to Healthy Foods and Safe Places to Play in Communities of Color
To build state and national momentum to reverse the epidemic of childhood obesity through strategic investment in those communities most affected.
- $35,000.00 awarded to DataCenter - Challenging the marketing of unhealthy foods in low-income communities of color, 2013
- $50,000.00 awarded to Third Sector New England - Increasing capacity at the local level for social intervention to prevent childhood obesity (Year 1)
- $75,000.00 awarded to Third Sector New England - Increasing capacity at the local level for social intervention to prevent childhood obesity (Year 2)
- $250,000.00 awarded to Community Coalition for Substance Abuse Prevention & Treatment - Improving the recreational environment to transform the health of Latino and African-American residents in South Los Angeles
- $250,000.00 awarded to Chinese Progressive Association - Supporting a Chinese Progressive Association land-use plan to increase healthy food choices and recreational space in San Francisco