Communities Creating Healthy Environments: Improving Access to Healthy Foods and Safe Places to Play in Communities of Color
To build state and national momentum to reverse the epidemic of childhood obesity through strategic investment in those communities most affected.
- $250,000.00 awarded to People Organized to Win Employment Rights (POWER) - Increasing access to safe green spaces, recreation areas and locally grown produce with the Right to Thrive project
- $250,000.00 awarded to Padres Unidos - Campaigning for new district policies in Denver Public Schools to increase access to healthy foods and physical activity for low-income youth of color
- $100,000.00 awarded to Clark Atlanta University - Developing community-based participatory research tools for community data gathering and analysis to support healthy lifestyles, 2009-10
- $50,000.00 awarded to Third Sector New England - Increasing capacity at the local level for social intervention to prevent childhood obesity (Year 1)
- $1,179,261.00 awarded to Praxis Project, Inc. - Technical assistance and direction for RWJF's Communities Creating Healthy Environments program