Communities Creating Healthy Environments: Improving Access to Healthy Foods and Safe Places to Play in Communities of Color
To build state and national momentum to reverse the epidemic of childhood obesity through strategic investment in those communities most affected.
- $60,000.00 awarded to Padres Unidos - Supporting strategic-planning for the Transformative Schools Network and coordinating networks fighting childhood obesity under the five Big Bets
- $90,000.00 awarded to Chinese Progressive Association - Building the capacity of Asian-American leaders to address the root causes of childhood obesity in Asian-American communities
- $150,000.00 awarded to People's Action Institute - Strengthening efforts to address childhood obesity in Indian Country through training and technical assistance for tribal leaders and advocates, 2017
- $70,000.00 awarded to Public Health Institute - Supporting Cultiva La Salud in advancing healthy eating and active living among low-income Latino residents in the San Joaquin Valley, Calif.
- $80,000.00 awarded to West Harlem Environmental Action - Building the leadership capacity of northern Manhattan, N.Y., residents to address the root causes of childhood obesity in their community