Communities Creating Healthy Environments: Improving Access to Healthy Foods and Safe Places to Play in Communities of Color
To build state and national momentum to reverse the epidemic of childhood obesity through strategic investment in those communities most affected.
- $694,936.00 awarded to Loyola Marymount University Bellarmine College of Liberal Arts - Expanding the scale and capacity of the evaluation of Communities Creating Healthy Environments
- $75,000.00 awarded to Center for Media Justice - Continuing the Center for Media Justice's work with Communities Creating Healthy Environments to prevent childhood obesity, 2013
- $50,000.00 awarded to Movement Strategy Center - Supporting the Alliance for Educational Justice in leveraging education advocates to reverse the epidemic of childhood obesity, 2015
- $75,000.00 awarded to Third Sector New England - Increasing capacity at the local level for social intervention to prevent childhood obesity (Year 6)
- $125,000.00 awarded to Alliance for a Just Society - Partnering with tribal governments and grassroots organizations to address root causes of childhood obesity in Indian Country