Communities Creating Healthy Environments: Improving Access to Healthy Foods and Safe Places to Play in Communities of Color
To build state and national momentum to reverse the epidemic of childhood obesity through strategic investment in those communities most affected.
- $895,000.00 awarded to Loyola Marymount University Bellarmine College of Liberal Arts - Providing evaluation technical assistance and consultation to the national program office of RWJF's Communities Creating Healthy Environment program
- $250,000.00 awarded to Southwest Youth Collaborative - Advocating recreational opportunities and healthy foods for incarcerated youths of color in Cook County, Ill.
- $250,000.00 awarded to Committee Against Anti-Asian Violence - Advocating access to health services, recreational opportunities and healthy foods for New York City's Asian immigrant communities
- $250,000.00 awarded to Power U Center for Social Change - Advocating access to affordable healthy foods and safe spaces for youths in Miami's Overtown neighborhood
- $245,419.00 awarded to Mvskoke Food Sovereignty Initiative - Supporting the Food and Fitness Policy Project of the Mvskoke Food Sovereignty Initiative in Oklahoma