Child Nutrition Authorization
To fund (1) advocacy activity that will inform the development of the reauthorization of the Child Nutrition Act to improve the quality of food served and sold in public schools, and (2) the creation of an umbrella entity to assist schools in implementing rules resulting from the reauthorization.
Internally managed by RWJF staff
- $1,999,437.00 awarded to Pew Charitable Trusts - Launching Kids' Safe and Healthful Foods Project to improve nutrition in schools
- $100,000.00 awarded to Food Research and Action Center Inc. - Leveraging federal nutrition programs to reduce childhood hunger and obesity
- $100,000.00 awarded to Healthy Schools Campaign - Advocating reform of federal policy governing food in schools
- $100,000.00 awarded to Food Research and Action Center Inc. - Supporting the Food Research and Action Center in implementing the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010
- $1,992,235.00 awarded to Pew Charitable Trusts - Strengthening the Kids' Safe and Healthful Foods Project to ensure improved nutrition in schools