Cash & Counseling is a sensible and sustainable approach to giving our elders more choice and control over the care they receive. Medicaid consumers, and their extended families, are often frustrated with home-care service, aide unavailability, and high turnover in their communities -- and the resulting stress it creates. Furthermore, the formal Medicaid social services system is complicated, difficult to manage, and inflexible in what they provide. Cash & Counseling is a voluntary and market-based and solution that helps our elderly population plan and budget the services they want and require. It counsels consumers with budget planning and paperwork; and program flexibility allows consumers to choose the services they really want (e.g., bathing, grooming, cooking, housekeeping). Most importantly, it gives elders the ability to hire their own personal care aids rather than be dependent on the social worker assigned to them. Cash & Counseling brings flexibility, choice, independence, and control of daily chores in the hands of our elderly allowing them to transcend an often complicated and frustrating system.
- $180,000.00 awarded to University of Maryland Center on Aging - Focus groups and surveys for Cash & Counseling demonstration and evaluation program
- $498,738.00 awarded to Health Research Incorporated - Cash & Counseling
- $230,000.00 awarded to University of Maryland Center on Aging - Focus groups and surveys for the Cash & Counseling program demonstration and evaluation
- $324,390.00 awarded to University of Maryland Center on Aging - Technical assistance and direction for the Cash & Counseling Program
- $159,582.00 awarded to State of Florida Department of Elder Affairs - Cash & Counseling