To stimulate and support research to identify environmental factors and policies that influence physical activity, especially among children and families in low-income communities.
- $34,899.00 awarded to Yale University Rudd Center for Food Policy and Obesity - Physical activities in preschools in Connecticut
- $35,000.00 awarded to University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Gillings School of Global Public Health - Development of a self-report instrument to assess physical activity environments of child-care settings
- $34,925.00 awarded to University of Washington School of Public Health - Measuring, analyzing and examining physical activity in family day care homes
- $50,000.00 awarded to University of California, Davis, School of Medicine - Assessing the high prevalence of obesity among Native American children and families in three tribal communities in Northern California
- $695,694.00 awarded to San Diego State University Research Foundation - Technical assistance and direction for Active Living Research