To stimulate and support research to identify environmental factors and policies that influence physical activity, especially among children and families in low-income communities.
- $25,000.00 awarded to Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health - Factors influencing the use of recreational centers and parks by African-American adolescents
- $150,000.00 awarded to University of Illinois at Chicago College of Nursing - Determining the neighborhood environments that influence physical activity among African-American women.
- $50,000.00 awarded to Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center - Studying the impact of playground enhancements on physical activity in parks
- $130,550.00 awarded to University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign College of Applied Life Studies - Studying the effects of sports facilities and trail systems on physical activity levels among Latino residents
- $24,966.00 awarded to Texas A&M Research Foundation - Evaluating the built environment around transit stations and its influence on transit ridership