Accountable Care Organizations: Testing Their Impact
To study the effect of accountable care organizations (ACOs) on a variety of quality-related outcomes and to conduct research analyses that will help the field better understand how ACOs will affect health care.
Internally managed by RWJF staff
- $221,848.00 awarded to Minneapolis Medical Research Foundation - Studying the impact of payment and delivery system change on providers, staff, and patients in safety-net settings
- $308,401.00 awarded to Leavitt Partners - Developing recommendations for accountable care organizations on the attributes of ideal partners among high-value providers
- $150,000.00 awarded to Leavitt Partners - Producing issue briefs on the benefits and challenges of accountable care organizations for major stakeholder groups
- $400,000.00 awarded to Ohio State University College of Medicine - Studying the development, implementation and impact of accountable care organizations and their strategies to reduce disparities in care
- $390,691.00 awarded to Providence Portland Medical Center - Studying accountable care organizations at full scale to test viability