Improving Health & Health Care in Communities Across America
Aligning Forces for Quality (AF4Q) was a 16-site, community-based health care quality improvement initiative active from 2007 through 2015. Using multi-stakeholder alliances and regional coalitions to coordinate quality improvement efforts across providers and organizations, AF4Q addressed five main areas:
- Measurement and public reporting of health care quality and efficiency for ambulatory physician practices and hospitals;
- Efforts to engage consumers as partners in their own care (consumer engagement);
- Adoption and spread of effective quality improvement strategies to improve care;
- Ensuring the equitable receipt of healthcare; and
- Integration of alliance activities with payment reform initiatives.