Many health care consumers still don't know how the Affordable Care Act (ACA) will affect them, or what their coverage options may be.
On April 18, 2013, a forum co-sponsored by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the Kaiser Family Foundation explored those concerns, and considered the importance of hands-on assistance to help consumers understand their options. The role of the states and the federal government, and the resources available under ACA, were also examined.
- Lori Grubstein, program officer at the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Elisabeth Benjamin, vice president of Health Initiatives at the Community Service Society (N.Y.)
- Kathleen Gmeiner, project director, Universal Health Care Access Network of Ohio
- Nancy Metcalf, health editor at Consumer Reports magazine
- Karen Pollitz, senior fellow at the Kaiser Family Foundation
- Janet Trautwein, CEO of the National Association of Health Underwriters
You can watch an archived webcast of the forum, below.