The Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action has launched a new website – www.CampaignforAction.org. The new website supports the Campaign for Action’s work to promote nurse leadership in health care delivery and policy, nurse academic progression, and interdisciplinary collaboration in both education and practice.
The new website offers:
- An online community featuring active discussion and information-sharing to bring together people who want to advance the Campaign for Action’s work.
- Information on the more than 80 health care, nursing, business and consumer organizations that share the goal of transforming health care by focusing on nursing.
- State pages showcasing the work of each state Action Coalition.
- Evidence that describes the research and analysis upon which this work is grounded, much of it from the Institute of Medicine.
- Background on the Campaign’s framework and information on its progress to date.
A joint initiative of AARP and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, the Campaign for Action is working to transform health care through nursing. As the largest segment of the health care workforce and the professionals who spend the most time with patients, nurses bring essential experience and insight to efforts to improve access and quality and lower health care costs.
By connecting the network of diverse national and state partners the Campaign has established, including “Action Coalitions” working in 49 states, the website supports the Campaign’s work to improve the ways nurses are educated, trained and practice. It offers continuously updated news and information on nursing and health care to visitors new to the issue, as well as opportunities for people to showcase their work and share news; webinars hosted by leading experts across health care, business and government; discussions; a listing of Campaign for Action events around the country; and opportunities to ask questions and find resources and tools.
Learn more and join the effort by logging onto www.CampaignforAction.org.