On April 5, 2011, the Nursing Alliance for Quality Care and the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners will host a symposium at George Washington University in Washington, D.C., on the leadership role advanced practice nurses will play in the delivery of care through medical homes.
The symposium offers opportunities to understand the provisions for nurse-led medical homes under the Affordable Care Act, to learn about accreditation requirements, and to hear from advanced practice nurses about innovative nurse-led homes.
Speakers will include:
- Greg Pawlson, M.D., Ph.D., executive vice president, National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
- Pauline Lapin, M.H.S., senior advisor, Center for Medicaid and Medicare Innovations
- Christine Leyden, M.S.N., R.N., senior vice president of Client Services and Chief Accreditation Officer, URAC
- Lon Berkeley, M.S., B.A., project director, Community Health Center Accreditation, The Joint Commission
- Joanne Pohl, Ph.D., ANP-BC, F.A.A.N., F.A.A.N.P., professor, Division of Health Promotion and Risk Reduction, University of Michigan, NAQC Board Member
- Nancy Rothman, M.S.N., Ed.D., R.N., Independence Foundation Professor of Urban Community Nursing, Director of Community-based Practices, Temple University
- Jan Towers, Ph.D., NP-C, C.R.N.P., F.A.A.N.P., American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Sean Lyon, M.S.N., A.P.R.N., C.S., F.N.P., Life Long Care, Inc.
- Donna Torrisi, F.N.P., Falls Family Counseling Network
- Elaine Fox, Public Health Management Corporation
- Tina Johnson, C.N.M., M.S., Director, Professional Practice and Health Policy, Assoication of Certified Nurse Midwives
- Joyce Dubow, Senior Director, Health Care Reform, AARP
If you have questions, please contact Jan Bull (email@example.com or 202.994.5083) or Mary Jean Schumann (firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.994.3484).