How might health reform affect our choices? How could health information technology help us make more intelligent choices? How much choice do we really have now? How much choice do we need? These questions were recently addressed at a National Press Club briefing by health policy experts on June 25, 2009. The briefing—sponsored by the Alliance for Health Reform and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation—provided reporters with access to experts and non-partisan research that will continue to inform the reform debate. Panelists included:
- Joseph Antos, Ph.D., Wilson H. Taylor scholar in health care and retirement policy, American Enterprise Institute
- Daniel Callahan Ph.D., senior research scholar and president emeritus, The Hastings Center
- Tony Coelho, chairperson, Partnership to Improve Health Care
- Uwe Reinhardt Ph.D., professor of economics and public affairs, Princeton University
- Ed Howard, J.D., executive vice president, Alliance for Health Reform
To view the event agenda, view briefing materials and other information about the event, please visit the Alliance's briefing page.