Areas of Health and Health Care We No Longer Support
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation no longer funds projects in the areas of health and health care listed below:
- end-of-life care
- long-term care
- specific chronic conditions (that are not part of the strategies of other program areas)
- physical activity for adults age 50 or older.
Locations and Organizations We Do Not Support
We do not support foreign organizations or make grants to individuals and rarely support organizations that are not tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Projects or Activities We Do Not Support
RWJF does not provide support for:
- ongoing general operating expenses or existing deficits
- endowment or capital costs
- basic biomedical research
- research on drug therapies or devices
- direct support of individuals
- lobbying of any kind.
We do not fund unsolicited proposals in the Childhood Obesity, Coverage, Human Capital, Public Health, Quality/Equality, or Vulnerable Populations areas. Rather, we support projects in these areas by issuing calls for proposals (CFPs) throughout the year.
Learn about the locations, organizations, projects, and activities we do support.