Transforming Care at the Bedside (TCAB) was designed to develop new interventions to improve the hospital work environment, with the goal of improving the quality of care provided by nurses at the bedside. The TCAB program was led by the Institute for Health Improvement (IHI), and has generated significant information about the value of involving nurses and other front-line staff in the redesign of care delivery models and systems.The American Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE) is now working to apply the successful techniques of TCAB in up to 67 hospitals, which will allow the model to be tested more generally nationwide and without the intense facilitation and technical assistance of IHI.
- $482,063.00 awarded to Institute for Healthcare Improvement - Developing ideal care delivery models for hospital units
- $156,655.00 awarded to Institute for Healthcare Improvement - Developing financial tools to assist improvement efforts for the Transforming Care at the Bedside program
- $67,724.00 awarded to Institute for Healthcare Improvement - Upgrading personal digital assistants to improve patient care at the bedside
- $550,000.00 awarded to University of California, Los Angeles, Fielding School of Public Health - Evaluating the Transforming Care at the Bedside program
- $1,400,000.00 awarded to Institute for Healthcare Improvement - Transforming Care at the Bedside