To encourage experts in public health, law, political science, medicine, sociology, criminal justice, economics, psychology, and other behavioral and policy sciences to address issues of substance abuse.
- $208,872.00 awarded to Wake Forest University School of Medicine - Technical assistance and direction for RWJF's Substance Abuse Policy Research Program
- $32,093.00 awarded to Rutgers, The State University, Center of Alcohol Studies - Display and analysis of the deployment of current substance abuse prevention resources in New Jersey
- $349,626.00 awarded to Western Consortium for Public Health - Study of alcohol policy development in the United States
- $250,842.00 awarded to University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center - Research to measure the effects and policy implications of a statewide voluntary alcohol ignition interlock program
- $96,829.00 awarded to Center for Media Education Inc. - Analysis of the emerging market practices of alcohol and tobacco companies using electronic communications