To encourage experts in public health, law, political science, medicine, sociology, criminal justice, economics, psychology, and other behavioral and policy sciences to address issues of substance abuse.
- $37,092.00 awarded to Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health - Analysis of the rise and fall of drug-related homicides in New York City, 1985-95
- $104,750.00 awarded to Lewin Group, Inc. - Assessment of the Tobacco and Substance Abuse Policy Research Programs
- $100,000.00 awarded to University of Pennsylvania - Integrated vs. Referred-Out Methadone Treatment: Quality and Costs
- $49,236.00 awarded to Wake Forest University School of Medicine - Enforcement of laws related to tobacco use by youth in cities with large African-American and Hispanic populations
- $103,403.00 awarded to Foundation of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey - The effects of policies, guidelines, and other factors on training of pediatric residents in tobacco intervention