To encourage experts in public health, law, political science, medicine, sociology, criminal justice, economics, psychology, and other behavioral and policy sciences to address issues of substance abuse.
- $208,872.00 awarded to Wake Forest University School of Medicine - Technical assistance and direction for RWJF's Substance Abuse Policy Research Program
- $86,323.00 awarded to National Bureau of Economic Research Inc. - Comparison of the effectiveness of criminal justice and public health expenditures in reducing drug use
- $50,608.00 awarded to Public Citizen Foundation, Inc. - Research on laws regulating tobacco products
- $220,152.00 awarded to University of Massachusetts at Boston Center for Survey Research - Project to track changes in response to the Massachusetts Tobacco Control Program
- $291,058.00 awarded to University of Michigan School of Social Work - Research on the impact of state and federal policies on prevention and treatment services for women substance abusers