To reduce rates of smoking in families by supporting research to develop and evaluate effective new interventions to help women quit smoking before, during and after pregnancy.
- $60,000.00 awarded to Porter Novelli Inc. - Development of a marketing plan for the Smoke-Free Families Best Practice counseling intervention
- $749,934.00 awarded to University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine - Technical assistance and direction for RWJF's Smoke-Free Families program
- $11,420.00 awarded to Denis J. Prager, PhD - Consulting for the Foundation's Smoke-Free Families Program
- $32,706.00 awarded to University of California, Berkeley, School of Public Health - Medicaid coverage of smoking cessation treatments
- $264,164.00 awarded to Emory University, Rollins School of Public Health - Development of software to analyze maternal and child health mortality, morbidity, and economic cost attributable to smoking