To strengthen the leadership and academic productivity of junior medical school faculty who are dedicated to improving health and health care.
- $300,000.00 awarded to Indiana University School of Medicine - Studying community involvement as a model to implement primary care diabetes prevention - Ronald T. Ackerman, M.D., M.P.H.
- $291,933.00 awarded to University of Chicago, The Pritzker School of Medicine - Development and evaluation of interventions to safely reduce patients' out-of-pocket prescription costs - G. Caleb Alexander, M.D.
- $299,986.00 awarded to Yeshiva University, Albert Einstein College of Medicine - Improving antiretroviral adherence measurement in current and former drug users - Karina M. Berg, M.D.
- $299,960.00 awarded to Foundation of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey - Providing maximal intensity tobacco dependence treatment for hospitalized smokers with cardiac disease - Michael B. Steinberg, M.D.
- $299,930.00 awarded to Yale University School of Medicine - Reducing sex-related HIV risk behaviors in patients receiving treatment for opioid dependence - Lynn E. Sullivan, M.D.