To increase the stature and academic standing of nurse faculty and draw more nurses to teaching careers by creating a cadre of national leaders in academic nursing through career-development awards to outstanding junior nurse faculty.
- $594,031.00 awarded to Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing - Technical assistance and direction for the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Nurse Faculty Scholars program, 2008
- $349,998.00 awarded to Boston College, William F. Connell School of Nursing - Ecological approach to help-seeking behavior - Angela Amar, Ph.D., M.N.
- $349,985.00 awarded to University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing - Studying organizational quality of patient care settings, nurse staffing and nurse outcomes in psychiatric hospitals - Nancy P. Hanrahan, Ph.D., R.N.
- $350,000.00 awarded to Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Nursing - Improving understanding of the health of adolescents living in high-poverty urban areas - Robert L. Atkins, Ph.D., R.N.
- $349,802.00 awarded to University of Virginia School of Nursing - Testing a computerized safety planning aid for survivors of intimate partner violence - Kathryn Laughon, Ph.D., M.S.N.