To increase the stature and academic standing of nurse faculty and draw more nurses to teaching careers by creating a cadre of national leaders in academic nursing through career-development awards to outstanding junior nurse faculty.
- $266,714.00 awarded to Emory University - Examining the uptake of the HPV vaccine in rural areas -- Tami Lynn Thomas, Ph.D.
- $350,000.00 awarded to University of Iowa College of Nursing - Implementation of diabetes self-management support in community primary care -- Andrea S. Wallace, Ph.D.
- $350,000.00 awarded to University of Illinois at Chicago College of Nursing - Stress-environment interactions and obesity-related behaviors in urban African-American and Hispanic women -- Shannon N. Zenk, Ph.D., M.P.H., R.N.
- $350,000.00 awarded to Montana State University College of Nursing - Montana radon study -- Laura Larsson, Ph.D., M.P.H.
- $349,080.00 awarded to West Virginia University Research Corporation - Story-sharing to decrease loneliness and its sequelae in chronically ill older Appalachian adults -- Laurie Ann Theeke, Ph.D., M.S.N.