To increase the stature and academic standing of nurse faculty and draw more nurses to teaching careers by creating a cadre of national leaders in academic nursing through career-development awards to outstanding junior nurse faculty.
- $349,998.00 awarded to Boston College, William F. Connell School of Nursing - Ecological approach to help-seeking behavior - Angela Amar, Ph.D., M.N.
- $349,980.00 awarded to University of North Dakota College of Nursing - Studying placental vasculature development impairment due to vitamin D deficiency and its link to preeclampsia - Cindy M. Anderson, Ph.D., W.H.N.P.
- $156,855.00 awarded to Constella Group, LLC - Administrative support services for RWJF's Nurse Faculty Scholars program
- $783,634.00 awarded to Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing - Technical assistance and direction for the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Nurse Faculty Scholars program, 2009
- $350,000.00 awarded to University of Washington School of Nursing - Developing biomarkers for fatigue in patients with HIV - Joachim G. Voss, Ph.D., R.N., M.S.