To increase the stature and academic standing of nurse faculty and draw more nurses to teaching careers by creating a cadre of national leaders in academic nursing through career-development awards to outstanding junior nurse faculty.
- $163,170.00 awarded to University of Miami School of Nursing and Health Studies - Developing a multidimensional pain-detection device for neonates -- Martin Schiavenato, Ph.D., R.N.
- $350,000.00 awarded to University of Michigan School of Nursing - Exploring the impact of parental expectations on risky behaviors in adolescents--Tsui-Sui Annie Kao, Ph.D., F.N.P.-B.C.
- $350,000.00 awarded to Thomas Jefferson University School of Nursing - Evaluating facilitators and barriers to use of nurse-managed centers for Medicare beneficiaries--Jennifer Lyn Bellot, Ph.D., R.N., M.H.S.A.
- $349,916.00 awarded to University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center - Examining a culturally targeted intervention to reduce American Indian women's mistrust of health information--Emily Ann Haozous, Ph.D., R.N.
- $350,000.00 awarded to University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Office of Sponsored Research - Examining the relationship of services and staffing in assisted living to resident outcomes--Anna Song Beeber, Ph.D., R.N.