To explore the social and economic factors that affect health (e.g., poverty, education, housing) to lead to changes in national, state, and local policies, and promote private-sector initiatives that will reduce health inequities among Americans.
George Washington University School of Public Health & Health Services Center for Health & Health Care in Schools
Suite 200, Room 213
2175 K Street, N.W.
Washington, DC, 20037-1861
David R. Williams
- $85,370.00 awarded to University of California, San Francisco - Expanding a series of issue briefs on links between social factors and health
- $326,771.00 awarded to Virginia Commonwealth University - Developing an online simulation tool that will facilitate modifying social determinants to improve health outcomes
- $107,610.00 awarded to GPS Capital Partners, LLC - Connecting public health and community-development agencies to address rising chronic-disease rates and escalating health care costs
- $25,000.00 awarded to Capital Impact Partners - Supporting the National Summit on Health Center Lending and Innovation
- $249,854.00 awarded to Virginia Commonwealth University Center on Society and Health - Raising awareness of the health consequences of education