To build the evidence for public health law and policy, and translate research findings into practical tools that policy-makers, public health practitioners, and leaders in other fields and venues can use to increase the support for and use of law to improve and protect health.
- $64,624.00 awarded to University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Public Health - Seeking best practices in regulating use of electronic devices while driving
- $144,997.00 awarded to Massachusetts Association of Health Boards, Inc. - Analyzing the impact on cigar smoking by youths of an innovative packaging regulation in Boston
- $149,966.00 awarded to Public Health Institute - Assessing the public health impact of laws and ordinances regulating paid sick leaves on preventing and controlling infectious diseases
- $84,381.00 awarded to George Washington University, Columbian College of Arts and Sciences - Studying the 'health in all policies' impact on population health of changes in a range of state economic laws over the last 20 years
- $49,948.00 awarded to Public Citizen Foundation, Inc. - Mapping state and federal occupational safety and health laws and regulations to increase knowledge in improving worker-protective standards