Initiative to test the feasibility and effectiveness of developing a large national effort to build a cadre of researchers who integrate substance abuse issues into mainstream medicine. THIS IS NOT A TRUE AUTHORIZATION.
- $200,000.00 awarded to Treatment Research Institute - Pilot program of research to integrate substance abuse issues into mainstream medicine
- $99,171.00 awarded to Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health - Potential modification of the effect of alcohol on breast cancer risk by variation in genes involved in alcohol metabolism
- $90,000.00 awarded to University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine - Studying the impact of alcohol use on coronary artery risk development in young adults
- $96,572.00 awarded to Kaiser Foundation Hospitals, Kaiser Foundation Research Institute - Studying the correlates and consequences of alcohol-associated hypertension
- $89,091.00 awarded to University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Medicine and Public Health - Examining the association of alcohol consumption and sleep disturbances