Obesity Prevention in Children: Synergy with Diabetes Initiative
Program to support efforts of schools and communities to increase access to healthy, lower-calorie foods and opportunities for safe, daily physical activity through policy and environmental change in order to prevent obesity among children living in low-income, culturally diverse neighborhoods and communities.
- $60,000.00 awarded to Campesinos Sin Fronteras - Mobilizing Parents for Healthier Environments project
- $57,249.00 awarded to University Physicians & Surgeons Inc. - Healthy active children through community leadership
- $60,000.00 awarded to Community Health Center Incorporated - Community, school and parent partnership to prevent obesity among elementary school children
- $60,000.00 awarded to Holyoke Health Center Inc. - Policy and environmental efforts to prevent and reduce obesity in low-income elementary school Latino children
- $143,174.00 awarded to Wake Forest University Health Sciences - Brief assessments of the obesity synergy projects with the Diabetes Initiative and Active for Life