To encourage researchers whose crosscutting and innovative ideas promise to contribute meaningfully to improving U.S. health and health care policy.
- $148,540.00 awarded to University of Pennsylvania Wharton School - Analysis of risk-pooling in employment-based health insurance
- $199,475.00 awarded to Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc. - How inner-city health problems affect metropolitan regions and the nation
- $200,000.00 awarded to Rand Corporation - Role of the courts in shaping U.S. health care policy
- $219,979.00 awarded to Harvard University School of Public Health - Impact of new and resurgent infectious disease on public health
- $196,022.00 awarded to Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health - Analysis and options for reform of the employer-based health insurance system