To encourage researchers whose crosscutting and innovative ideas promise to contribute meaningfully to improving U.S. health and health care policy.
- $238,008.00 awarded to Urban Institute - Research on causal factors underlying the strong association of low income and mortality
- $351,050.00 awarded to AcademyHealth - Technical assistance and direction for RWJF's Investigator Awards in Health Policy Research program
- $249,960.00 awarded to Research Foundation of the City University of New York - Study of the child health policy development process, its impact on outcomes and implicatons for the future
- $241,042.00 awarded to Columbia University - Study to evaluate the potential for competition policy to protect and improve quality in the health care system
- $249,900.00 awarded to Harvard University T.H. Chan School of Public Health - Research and essays on the need for new systems to ensure health care safety