To encourage researchers whose crosscutting and innovative ideas promise to contribute meaningfully to improving U.S. health and health care policy.
- $157,956.00 awarded to University of Southern California - Study of whether fundamental causes explain social inequalities in health status
- $200,000.00 awarded to University of Michigan - Role of the courts in shaping U.S. health care policy
- $249,960.00 awarded to Research Foundation of the City University of New York - Study of the child health policy development process, its impact on outcomes and implicatons for the future
- $241,042.00 awarded to Columbia University - Study to evaluate the potential for competition policy to protect and improve quality in the health care system
- $249,900.00 awarded to Harvard University T.H. Chan School of Public Health - Research and essays on the need for new systems to ensure health care safety