To highlight substance abuse as a leading health problem by recognizing those who are striving to bring creative solutions to the field.
- $113,000.00 awarded to M Booth & Associates, Inc. - Communications activities for RWJF's Innovators Combating Substance Abuse program
- $499,642.00 awarded to Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine - Technical assistance and direction for Innovators Combating Substance Abuse
- $645,065.00 awarded to Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine - Helping RWJF Innovators in Combating Substance Abuse award recipients increase their skills, reach and visibility
- $300,000.00 awarded to American Nonsmokers' Rights Foundation - Database and Web site on tobacco industry activities for use by health advocates, reporters, policy-makers and the public health community
- $300,000.00 awarded to University of Washington College of Arts and Sciences - Expanded research on substance abuse prevention and treatment among Native American youth and evaluation of mindfulness meditation in treatment