To catalyze and support policy and environmental change projects to promote children's physical activity and healthy eating, especially in lower-income and racial/ethnic communities at greatest risk.
- $360,000.00 awarded to Cooperative Extension Association in the State of New York - Ulster County - Improving children's ability to walk and bike to school, access to city parks, and consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables in Kingston, N.Y.
- $360,000.00 awarded to Montachusett Opportunity Council, Inc. - Making sustainable changes to the built environment to promote healthy eating and active living in Fitchburg, Mass.
- $360,000.00 awarded to My Brother's Keeper, Inc. - Changing the culture of health in Jackson, Miss., to address childhood obesity through the community-based Jump Start Jackson program
- $360,000.00 awarded to Partners for Active Living - Encouraging healthy eating and active living in and around parks in four underserved communities in Spartanburg County, S.C.
- $360,000.00 awarded to Hartwig Legacy Foundation dba KC Healthy Kids - Shaping bi-state health, food, education and economic policies and environmental changes to promote healthy eating and active living in Kansas City