To support and disseminate focused investigator-initiated research and policy analysis to identify effective policy and environmental strategies for reversing the rise in childhood obesity by 2015, especially in populations and communities at greatest risk.
- $189,000.00 awarded to Atlanta Board of Education - Evaluating school food policy implementation within the Atlanta school system
- $100,000.00 awarded to University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention - Studying the economic impact and the role of key stakeholders in school nutrition standard policy implementation
- $74,954.00 awarded to Yale University Graduate School of Arts and Sciences - Studying the impact of school wellness policies on the school nutrition environment and student academic functioning and health
- $75,000.00 awarded to California Food Policy Advocates Inc. - Examining the role of California's Child Nutrition Commodity Food Program in creating healthy school meals
- $399,034.00 awarded to University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center - Studying environmental and policy factors impacting healthy eating behaviors for low-income elementary school students in Colorado