To support and disseminate focused investigator-initiated research and policy analysis to identify effective policy and environmental strategies for reversing the rise in childhood obesity by 2015, especially in populations and communities at greatest risk.
- $884,192.00 awarded to University of Minnesota School of Public Health - Technical assistance and direction for RWJF's Healthy Eating Research program
- $193,440.00 awarded to University of Minnesota - Supporting Healthy Eating Research's Year-6 activities
- $150,000.00 awarded to Stanford University School of Medicine - Assessing the impact of a California county's ordinance banning toys or other incentives for unhealthful menu items for kids
- $122,890.00 awarded to Rand Corporation - Investigating whether menu-labeling laws lead California restaurants to modify the nutritional contents of their offerings
- $148,518.00 awarded to University of Minnesota School of Public Health - Evaluating the impact of mandatory menu labeling on the nutritional quality of restaurant offerings