Program to support efforts of schools and communities to increase access to healthy, lower calorie foods through policy and environmental change in order to prevent obesity among children living in low income, culturally diverse neighborhoods and communities.
- $200,293.00 awarded to University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Gillings School of Global Public Health - Providing technical assistance, preparing case studies, and reporting on lessons learned from the Foundation's Healthy Eating by Design initiative
- $99,899.00 awarded to Wake Forest University Health Sciences - Exploratory evaluation of the Foundation's Healthy Eating by Design program
- $50,000.00 awarded to Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus Inc. - Creating a hands-on program to promote healthy eating and reduce obesity in children
- $12,000.00 awarded to University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Gillings School of Global Public Health - Supplemental support for a Healthy Eating By Design conference
- $50,000.00 awarded to 1000 Friends of New Mexico - Developing an assessment process for promoting healthy eating in the school and home