Program to support efforts of schools and communities to increase access to healthy, lower calorie foods through policy and environmental change in order to prevent obesity among children living in low income, culturally diverse neighborhoods and communities.
- $50,000.00 awarded to PedNet Coalition Inc. - Increasing healthy food choices for elementary school students
- $50,000.00 awarded to Illinois Health Education Consortium - Increasing knowledge and access to healthy foods for low-income Latino children and their families
- $50,000.00 awarded to Upper Valley Trails Alliance Inc. - Community-based project to develop wellness policies and increase healthy eating among children
- $50,000.00 awarded to Young Men's Christian Association of Orange County (YMCA) - Increasing access to healthier food choices for children
- $116,398.00 awarded to University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Gillings School of Global Public Health - Providing technical assistance, preparing case studies and reporting on lessons learned from the Foundation's Healthy Eating by Design initiative