Cost Containment Initiative
To support a multipronged initiative aimed at identifying strategies, programs, and policy recommendations intended to reduce the growth of health care spending.
Internally managed by RWJF staff
- $40,000.00 awarded to Miller Center Foundation - Supporting the State Health Care Cost Containment Commission in producing its report on state strategies to contain health care costs
- $233,150.00 awarded to Consumers Union of United States, Inc. - Supporting a conference to inform and engage consumer advocates on the problem of rising health care costs
- $32,000.00 awarded to Avalere Health, LLC - Tracking and interpreting health care professionals' recommendations for curbing spending and achieving quality
- $1,847,693.00 awarded to Families USA Foundation Inc. - Laying the groundwork for consensus on actionable proposals to address America's crisis in health care costs (Phase 2)
- $148,254.00 awarded to Cornell University, Joan and Sanford I. Weill Medical College - Examining processes implemented to reduce administrative costs of interactions between health care providers and insurance plans