Community-Based Childhood Obesity Prevention Within the Injury Free Coalition for Kids Initiative Sites
Building on the Injury Free Coalition for Kids initiative, selected sites will add healthy eating environments and programs into their ongoing focus on physical activity and developing safe play areas.
- $60,000.00 awarded to Oregon Health & Science University School of Medicine - Promoting healthy eating, safe physical activity and integration of a school garden education program
- $60,000.00 awarded to Columbia University Medical Center - Healthy Schools Healthy Lifestyles: Improving nutrition and reducing obesity for northern Manhattan elementary school students
- $56,232.00 awarded to Children's Hospital Medical Center - Testing the use of high school student peer counselors to teach diabetes and obesity awareness to elementary school students
- $60,000.00 awarded to Children's Memorial Hospital - Increasing access to and knowledge of healthy foods by reducing economic barriers to a fresh produce distribution program
- $60,000.00 awarded to Pitt Memorial Hospital Foundation Inc. - Healthy Choices: Influencing policies, communities and families on healthy eating and physical fitness