Community-Based Childhood Obesity Prevention Within the Injury Free Coalition for Kids Initiative Sites
Building on the Injury Free Coalition for Kids initiative, selected sites will add healthy eating environments and programs into their ongoing focus on physical activity and developing safe play areas.
- $150,000.00 awarded to Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health - Technical assistance and direction for the Community-Based Childhood Obesity Prevention Within the Injury Free Coalition for Kids Initiative Sites
- $60,000.00 awarded to Columbia University Medical Center - Healthy Schools Healthy Lifestyles: Improving nutrition and reducing obesity for northern Manhattan elementary school students
- $56,232.00 awarded to Children's Hospital Medical Center - Testing the use of high school student peer counselors to teach diabetes and obesity awareness to elementary school students
- $60,000.00 awarded to University of Washington School of Medicine - Eating healthy and increasing physical activity through walk to school and family breakfast programs
- $59,951.00 awarded to Arkansas Children's Hospital Research Institute - Increasing elementary school students' access to nutritious food and physical activity