Communities Creating Healthy Environments: Improving Access to Healthy Foods and Safe Places to Play in Communities of Color
To build state and national momentum to reverse the epidemic of childhood obesity through strategic investment in those communities most affected.
- $75,000.00 awarded to Third Sector New England - Increasing capacity at the local level for social intervention to prevent childhood obesity (Year 2)
- $100,000.00 awarded to Clark Atlanta University - Developing community-based participatory research tools for community data gathering and analysis to support healthy lifestyles, 2010-11
- $400,000.00 awarded to Center for Media Justice - Continuing the Center for Media Justice's work with Communities Creating Healthy Environments to prevent childhood obesity, 2010-2012
- $250,000.00 awarded to Alternatives for Community and Environment, Inc. - Advocating environmental justice in Boston communities through improved transportation and access to healthy foods and safe places to play
- $250,000.00 awarded to La Union del Pueblo Entero - Advocating healthy foods and essential community services to support active living for Latinos in the colonias of Hidalgo County, Texas