Communities Creating Healthy Environments: Improving Access to Healthy Foods and Safe Places to Play in Communities of Color
To build state and national momentum to reverse the epidemic of childhood obesity through strategic investment in those communities most affected.
- $250,000.00 awarded to American Civil Liberties Union of Mississippi Foundation (ACLU) - Leveraging community organizing and civic engagement to increase access to healthy foods and safe places to play in Jackson, Miss.
- $100,000.00 awarded to Clark Atlanta University - Developing community-based participatory research tools for community data gathering and analysis to support healthy lifestyles, 2010-11
- $75,000.00 awarded to Third Sector New England - Increasing capacity at the local level for social intervention to prevent childhood obesity (Year 2)
- $475,000.00 awarded to Highlander Research and Education Center - Recruiting, supporting and connecting grantees in RWJF's Communities Creating Healthy Environments program, 2010-12
- $75,000.00 awarded to Third Sector New England - Increasing capacity at the local level for social intervention to prevent childhood obesity (Year 3)