Communities Creating Healthy Environments: Improving Access to Healthy Foods and Safe Places to Play in Communities of Color
To build state and national momentum to reverse the epidemic of childhood obesity through strategic investment in those communities most affected.
- $35,000.00 awarded to DataCenter - Challenging the marketing of unhealthy foods in low-income communities of color, 2014
- $99,500.00 awarded to Strategic Concepts in Organizing and Policy Education (SCOPE) - Continuing Strategic Concepts in Organizing and Policy Education's work with CCHE to prevent childhood obesity, 2014
- $50,000.00 awarded to Movement Strategy Center - Supporting the Alliance for Educational Justice in leveraging education advocates to reverse the epidemic of childhood obesity, 2013-2014
- $75,000.00 awarded to Third Sector New England - Increasing capacity at the local level for social intervention to prevent childhood obesity (Year 5)
- $125,000.00 awarded to Alliance for a Just Society - Building on the capacity of Communities Creating Healthy Environments to address childhood obesity issues in communities of color, 2014