Communities Creating Healthy Environments: Improving Access to Healthy Foods and Safe Places to Play in Communities of Color
To build state and national momentum to reverse the epidemic of childhood obesity through strategic investment in those communities most affected.
- $1,097,126.00 awarded to Praxis Project, Inc. - Technical assistance and direction for RWJF's Communities Creating Healthy Environments program
- $156,151.00 awarded to InnerCity Struggle - Building a movement of community residents for educational justice and a healthy community in East Los Angeles
- $694,936.00 awarded to Loyola Marymount University Bellarmine College of Liberal Arts - Expanding the scale and capacity of the evaluation of Communities Creating Healthy Environments
- $100,000.00 awarded to Clark Atlanta University - Developing community-based participatory research tools for community data gathering and analysis to support healthy lifestyles, 2009-10
- $246,932.00 awarded to Freedom, Inc. - Addressing food and recreational equity issues through teen advocacy with the Our Space, Our Place project