New Jersey Health Initiatives (NJHI), a statewide grantmaking program of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, invites organizations to apply under New Jersey Health Initiatives: Primary Care Workforce Innovations, for support of proposals that seek to redesign the practice team, in the context of practice transformation, by implementing creative workforce models, using health professionals and other staff in new, more effective ways to improve access to primary care services and improve quality without increasing the costs of health care. Project funds will support the redesign of the current primary care workforce within a practice, as well as participation in a learning network focused on primary care practice redesign and workforce development.
- Grants ranging from $50,000 to $150,000 each to cover a two-year period will be made.
- Up to 12 New Jersey projects will receive grants.
- Grants will begin on October 1, 2013 and conclude on September 30, 2015.
- January 29, 31 and February 14, 2013—Optional applicant Web conference calls. Registration is required. Please visit www.njhi.org for complete details and to register.
- March 14, 2013 (3 p.m. ET)—Deadline for receipt of full proposals.
- April 15, 2013—Applicants notified if they will receive a site visit.
- May and June 2013—Site visits to selected applicants.
- September 2013—Notification of awards.
- October 1, 2013—Start of grants.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Complete eligibility and selection criteria can be found in the full Call for Proposals brochure.