The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) seeks to expand the evidence base for effective public health policy and practice through investment in Public Health Services and Systems Research (PHSSR). PHSSR, a multi-disciplinary field of study, provides a framework for examining the organization, financing, delivery and quality of public health services within communities and the impact of those services on the health of the public. This solicitation, guided by the national research agenda for PHSSR, aims to further advance the field with the ultimate goal of improving the performance and efficiency of public health agencies and their system partners and the health of the people they serve.
- Approximately $3.2 million is available through this solicitation.
- Short-term studies—Awards of up to $200,000 each for a maximum of 24 months.
- Complex and comprehensive studies—Awards of up to $450,000 each for a maximum of 36 months.
- November 8, 2012 (1 p.m.–2 p.m. ET)—Optional applicant Web conference call. Registration is required. Please visit the program’s website for complete details and to register.
- December 18, 2012 (3 p.m. ET)—Deadline for receipt of brief proposals.
- March 4, 2013—Applicants notified if invited to submit a full proposal.
- April 23, 2013 (3 p.m. ET)—Deadline for receipt of full proposals.
- Late July 2013—Finalists notified.
- September 15, 2013—Start of grants.