Public Health Services and Systems Research (PHSSR) is a multidisciplinary field of study that examines the organization, financing, delivery and quality of public health services within communities and the resulting impact on population health. Significant changes are occurring in the delivery of public health services as a result of external forces and public health policies, creating opportunities to study the impact of these changes on population health. This solicitation seeks to expand the evidence base for effective decision-making in public health practice and policy through research that utilizes natural experiments to respond to the questions defined in the National Agenda for PHSSR: www.publichealthsystems.org/cphssr/Research/PHSSR_Research_Agenda.
- Approximately $1.4 million is available through this solicitation.
- Up to seven grants will be awarded through this solicitation.
- Grantees will receive up to $200,000 each in financial support to be used over a 24-month period.
- February 28, 2012 (3 p.m. ET)—Optional applicant Web conference calls. Registration is required.
- March 6, 2012 (3 p.m. ET)—Deadline for receipt of intent to apply (required). View Intent to Apply.
- March 27, 2012 (3 p.m. ET)—Deadline for receipt of full proposals. View Full Proposal.
- Late July 2012—Finalists notified.
- September 1, 2012—Start of grants.