The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Health Policy Fellows program provides the nation’s most comprehensive fellowship experience at the nexus of health science, policy and politics in Washington, D.C. It is an outstanding opportunity for exceptional midcareer health professionals and behavioral and social scientists with an interest in health and health care policy. Fellows participate in the policy process at the federal level and use that leadership experience to improve health, health care and health policy.
- Up to six grants of up to $165,000 each will be made in 2013.
- Each fellow will receive up to $94,000 for the Washington stay (September 1, 2013 through August 31, 2014) in salary, plus fringe benefits or fellowship stipend.
- November 7, 2012 (3 p.m. ET)—Deadline for receipt of reference letters.
- November 14, 2012 (3 p.m. ET)—Deadline for receipt of applications.
- January 10, 2013—Selection of finalists.
- January 31, 2013 (3 p.m. ET)—Deadline for receipt of full proposals.
- February 14, 2013—Selection and notification.
- September 1, 2013—Start of grants.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Exceptional candidates from academic faculties and nonprofit health care organizations are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants may have backgrounds in the following disciplines: allied health professions; biomedical sciences; dentistry; economics or other social sciences; health services organization and administration; medicine; nursing; public health; social and behavioral health or health law.
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens or permanent residents.
A complete list of selection criteria can be found in the Call for Applications.