Forward Promise Innovation Grants: Promoting Opportunities for the Health and Success of Young Men of Color is a new initiative of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation that aims to improve the health of middle school- and high school-aged boys and young men of color, as well as their opportunities for success in school, work, and life.
- Up to 10 grants will be awarded under this call for proposals.
- Grantees will receive awards of up to $500,000 each for up to 30 months.
- September 11, 2012 (1 p.m.–2 p.m. ET)—Optional applicant Web conference call. Registration is required.
- October 10, 2012 (3 p.m. ET)—Deadline for receipt of brief proposals.
- December 17, 2012 (3 p.m. ET)—Deadline for receipt of invited full proposals.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Preference will be given to applicant organizations that are either public entities or nonprofit organizations that are tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and are not private foundations or Type III supporting organizations. The Foundation may require additional documentation.
- Applicant organizations must be based in the United States or its territories.
- Organizations must have an organizational budget of at least $1.5 million annually.
Full selection criteria can be found in the call for proposals.