State Legislatures Tackle Public Health: Recommended Reading
Mar 21, 2013, 2:42 PM
State legislatures recently got underway across the country and many will be considering some critical public health law measures, according to a recent blog post from the Network for Public Health Law.
Critical issues include:
- A smoking ban in Kentucky which could stall in committee
- A bill in Kentucky which could restrict the work of local boards of health.
- A law in Ohio that would require health departments to enter into agreements for shared services and to become accredited.
- Read the Network blog post.
- Use the state legislative tracking page from the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials to follow state public health agendas for 2013.
This commentary originally appeared on the RWJF New Public Health blog.